Friday, June 13, 2008

My Whole World Was Bliss...

Maybe i'm not ready for all this,
I just want it to slow down.
We were kids once,
and as kids it meant everything.
Do you even care anymore?
For awhile i was standing on top of the slide feeling like the king of the world,
I just wanted to hear you laugh.
That sound to my ears was a dream,
it made my knees weak, and falling down the slide was my whole world.
My whole world was bliss.
Of Course those three seconds of free fall took so much time when i was younger,
now,
three seconds is too short.
By the time i climb to the top again,
That brat on the monkey bars will be making you cry.
I never realized than,
that it was never about making you laugh
It was about proctecting you...
Maybe i'm not ready for this,
I just want it to slow down,
We were kids once,
and we held hands during that trip across the park.
That's is something i'll never forget.

No comments: