Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sometimes we forget...

We forget who we are when we forget we're walking.
Or how to walk even.
Or how to talk even.
We slur and stammer and the wind takes us away.
We forgot about that summers day.
It was too hot to move and the breeze felt more like pressure.
I didn't want to go where it was taking me.
I wanted to stand still, but i forgot how.

We forget who we are when we forget that we're sleeping.
Or how to sleep even.
Or how to dream even.
We forget to build hopes and the sun burns our future.
We forget about a lazy afternoon.
It was not oour typical deja vu and the psychic sense was more like tingling.
I didn't want to know what was happening.
I wanted to be dumb, but i forgot how.

We forget who we are when we forget that we're dying.
Or how to die even.
Or how to end even.
We forget that the conclusion is less important than the climax.
We forget about a summers evening filled with stars.
It was not our idea to lose face in the midst of all this anxiety.
I didn't want to be dead.
I wanted to be alive, in your eyes, but i forget how.

No comments: