Monday, May 26, 2008

Like That.

You were sleeping than...
winter was over
and the sun peeked through your window
resting its light on your face
i envied each ray,
it's graceful touch sliding across your skin

even though this room was closed
a birds chirp echoed through the stillness
my silence kept you sleeping

I watched you breath
inhale
exhale
and soon our breaths joined

I felt our heartbeats. The Same.
the rythm.
the rising tension
the quick release.
the building suspense.
the relief.

Than softly, sweetly...
movement.
A Yawn.
Breath Sperates.
Hearts Race.
Don't wake!

But calmly you bury you head in my shoulder.
Breathing becomes one.
and pulses interwind.
A pain lingers in my chest, a kind that doesn't hurt.
I can't understand it.
But
Keep me guessing

Just
Like
That.

No comments: