Saturday, May 24, 2008

Still

Yes.
You wanted to know if i was real,
or maybe it was someone else
from the vague discriptions displayed in your letter
I can tell that you will never even find real in yourself.
Whether it was about me or not
the skies opinion should never matter
The clouds whisper can never defeat the determination of heart.
The rain that night can forever leave my memory!
But you chose to run barefoot
to sink in the grass
leave these footprints on my mind.
Run you fingers through the mud.
Just so YOU could feel something.
...don't ask me if i'm real
As if you couldn't tell by the dirt beneath your fingertips.
An illusion.
As soon as the blisters healed you forgot everything.
A disease you passed to me.
An infection to the brain.
Killing all my willingness to give a damn!
Staring at the stars we must have known
that this "train wreck" in the distance
was us.
but who knows, maybe one day the wind will meet your back.

No comments: