Monday, May 26, 2008

Primavera

Stars seem more distant now.
Wonder why you never noticed.
I was so controlled by the tide
and the clicks and clanks on the dock.
I wonder how you never noticed.
How the leaves on the trees
seemed to whisper in the breeze, "tomorrow"
How their breaths seemed to skim across the lake,
singing songs about us,
the kind of songs that only water knows about,
still amazes me how you never noticed.
How the breeze left your hair just right
before everything was dead silent
and only the sounds of night were allowed.
Why aren't you noticing?
How the moon illuminates your soft skin of porcelain,
How it echoes in your eyes,
How it rests on the wake of this restless primavera
and rolls towards us.

You look at me, and the fact that i experience this,
this true nights romance,
trying the footprints to imprint and resonate in your mind...
goes unnoticed,
makes me last another day.
Just so i can prove something to you.

No comments: